Magazines - for the child who likes to read snippets of information!
Magazines can get kids reading and are a great pick for the child who likes to read snippets of information about topics that they really love. The boys usually prefer sports or animal magazines and the girls usually like girl magazines, animals, and the other various magazine topics. Girls and boys need to explore different genres to find out which one they like the best. After they love one genre they will usually want to venture out and try other ones.
Magazines are a great pick to get kids reading! If your child still doesn't have the reading bug, there is a book or magazine out there that will turn the key to the love of reading. Everyone gets the reading bug at different times! If your child hesitates to read a lot of text, magazines are great because there is not a ton of text and there are usually tons of pictures. For more genre ideas and a fun reading challenge, click here.
And more ideas from other posts and pages:
- How to help your Struggling Reader at Home
- 5 Ways to help Kids Who Can’t Focus to Read
- 25 Ideas for Reading Skills Practice at Home!
- Books for Boys Who Hate to Read and Tips to Get Them Reading Today
- How to Help Your Child Get Ready to Read
- Do you Know the 4 Signs that your Child is Struggling in School?
- How to get a Reluctant Reader to Read!
- Is Your Child a Reluctant Reader?
- Motivate your Child to Read More – a Reading Challenge!
- Super Fun Ideas For Reading Practice
- Help your Child Find the Right Book!
- Memory Techniques to Help Your Child Remember Information
- Funny Books Can Get Kids Reading!
- Graphic Novels Can Get Kids Reading!
- Scary Books to Get Kids to Read More!
If there's a specific book or other reading product you're looking for, or a question about reading, just leave a comment or question below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. I'd love to hear from you!